Why You Need A PIM System In 2020 | Benefits of PIMBusinesses who aim to succeed in the eCommerce global race need PIM — product information management. A PIM software is a tool that centralizes all product data into a single source and distributes such information efficiently across all channels. Product information management tools are essential for companies managing multiple SKUs but also for smaller companies who are keen to streamline their workflows across various geographical regions, for example. A PIM helps monitor, enrich, and optimize content data for a catalog and its relevant assets. What are the benefits of PIM software? By 2021, experts predict over 50% of online retailers will choose a PIM solution to boost their sales and increase their efficiency. So why PIM is so crucial these days?
PIM Collects Data–And Why it MattersA PIM collects all data around a product and enables a business to operate at a larger scale. Technical data (specifications, measures, ingredients), as well as usage data (descriptions, how-to, where-used), are all stored into a single source, making it easier for businesses to get rid of the old spreadsheets. There are other benefits of PIM. For instance, a PIM also gathers emotional data such as product descriptions and stories, as well as media files such as images, PDFs or videos. A business can compile all this information and organize it at a glance. Product information management tools help you to manage data efficiently. In addition, a PIM collects, centralizes, and streamlines such data from multiple sources (catalogs, online websites, eCommerce websites, and ERP), enabling business owners to syndicate and optimize their content efficiently. This is why PIM has gained so much traction lately in global eCommerce.
The benefits of a PIM for your businessToday, many online retailers struggle to provide customers with a superb online experience while maintaining data integrity over their own products or services. The benefits of PIM implementation solve common issues for retailers. The challenge is twofold: to increase sales and make customers happy while decreasing internal costs and rationalizing processes. Here is why a PIM can help businesses of all sizes, eager to get more market shares without investing in large marketing campaigns.
- Sell more by reaching more customers quickly
- Save time and money by investing in the right area
- Merchandise your products better than ever
Who else can benefit from a PIM?Businesses aren’t the only actors in the eCommerce world who can find PIM software very useful. Many others benefit from PIM:
- Marketers, for instance, are constantly seeking to improve customers on multiple channels. They need to listen to the clients, and with a PIM, marketers access more information around the products and customer behavior.
- Retailers and brands do need to understand the benefits of PIM, too. As their goal is to strengthen their connection and partnership with suppliers, a PIM connects the dots between both worlds. This is what PIM software is used for by many actors.
- eCommerce managers find a PIM very beneficial for their activities, as they acquire valuable information on how product data influences sales. As such, customer acquisition becomes easier thanks to product information management tools.
How to implement a PIM for your business?
Choosing the right PIM solution is crucial to reach new heights in global eCommerce. Now that you understand the benefits of PIM — and if your business is ready to take on new challenges — why not consider a PIM application?
- Succeed in global eCommerce
- Find customizable solutions perfect for you
- Impress your customers and teams